Monday - Pea, Prawn and Spinach Curry


So Monday is back to work day.

Breakfast was leftover Shakshuka and I have to admit I added some leftover cooked Orzo pasta from the freezer to try and quell the heat...it didn't work and I started the day off with my mouth happily on fire. Mid morning snack was a banana.

I got my head down and cleared a couple of big processes, moving them on to become someone else problem for a while, before the tedium of meetings set in, but actually I didn't have too many and  managed to get back to my desk for lunch, a mix up of left overs - left over coleslaw from Saturday, leftover beef from Sunday and good old pickles. It was a bit lacking in density so I followed it with a nice, crisp apple.

Monday, is a later day than usual, I always end up leaving work late, hangry and flustered as I want to get to my my parents to pick up Lauren. This week I had to call in at Asda too, to return some trousers for Lauren, it appears she is about 4" off being a "short" in the trouser length department, I was pleased with myself for making sure I had my receipt but when I got there the receipt was for B&M and related to the carrier bag and not my clothing purchase, a peril of reusing carrier bags I guess. Luckily, they gave me a credit note as they didn't have the longer size.

I managed a quick chat and a coffee with mum and dad, and snacked on 2 Broughies - a sort of crispbread and a clementine.

Finally around 7 o'clock it was time for tea.

Pea, prawn and spinach curry

I fried 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds and 1 tsp cumin seeds and when they started to crackle, I added a chopped onion, a chopped green chilli. 2 grated cloves of garlic and a chunk of grated ginger. When the veg had softened I added half a small jar of curry leaves, 3 chopped vine tomatoes, 1/2 tsp of turmeric and 300 ml of fish stock (from a Knorr stock pot). I let the pan boil down for about 10 minutes and then added 1/2 a tub of Alpro Plain Coconut yoghurt and a cup of frozen peas along with a bag of defrosted king prawns (400g). When the prawns were pink I added half a bag of chopped spinach and when it had wilted, seasoned the curry and served with plain boiled rice.

I wasn't sure what it was going to be like, it's based on the curry on page 78 of Tom Kerridge's Lose Weight for Good , but with some changes to keep the syns down e.g. the coconut yoghurt instead of coconut milk. This curry served 2 for tea and one for lunch and was less than 1/2 syn per portion. Tony gave it a big thumbs up, so I can't ask for more than that! It wasn't mega hot but had a nice aromatic taste with a slight after burn.

Summary
Types of fruit and veg: 10
HEA: cheese in my Shakshuka
HEB: 2 Hi Fi with my coffee
Syns: 2 Broughies - 2 syns, Fibre One with coffee 4 syns - 6 in total

Comments

Popular Posts