Slimming World Curry Night



Today started with my alarm going off at 4:50 urgh, I was so tired, so remembering my new challenge I reset it for 5:30, got an extra 40 minutes sleep, got up fed the cats, made lunch. I set off for work at 6:11 and got there 35 minutes later, enough time to switch on get a coffee, no rushing and I felt great for the extra sleep so fingers crossed I can get this. the real test will come when Lauren goes back to school and how the later finish fits in with that.

For breakfast I took in some ham and got a fried egg (1 syn), some baked beans (free) and tomatoes (speed).

The morning sped past, it was my turn to do the team meeting this week and we discussed the weighty topic of retailers not refunding when they are expected to.


I had a short while to catch up on some e-mails before I went to my lunch appointment - a "Speaker Series". We are really lucky at work, the last talk I went to was by the UK's first ever close protection officer, she joined the Met in the late 70's and worked her way up and told us the most amazing story about freeing a young, female hostage from Pakistan. I've also been to talks by Macmillan, Cancer Research, I've missed several sports personalities like Sally Gunnell, but I was fortunate enough to

hear Katie Piper talk about her experience of life after an acid attack, very moving and inspirational. Today's talk was by a lady called Severine who works for Nottingham's Counter Terrorist Unit. It was a dry presentation, informative, I can quote far too many statistics about terrorism and am currently boring Husband Tony with facts about various organisations, but thankfully I came away thinking things haven't been as bad as they've been before although they do have the potential to get worse. Because the talk fell over lunch, I took mine in with me, fruit salad and raspberry quark, all good. Nice crispy apple - big mistake, I might as well have sat there banging a large drum, the noise I was making!

So I finished work at 15:00 and had to go and pick up a registered letter, it was the Nick Cave tickets I won't be able to use as I will be in Portugal, I can't believe I'm going to miss it, but chances for travel don't come along very often. Am sure I will be missing a greatly emotional concert.

I picked Lauren up from her grandparents, she's had a headache for the second day running, too many late nights and too much computer I'm thinking so a successful mission tonight to get her in bed at sensible time. Fingers firmly crossed that she's not sickening for anything as she had a slight temperature but was complaining about being cold. However, it's the last day ever she can go to her holiday club tomorrow and she was teary that we might make her miss it if she's not 100% well. Fingers crossed a good nights sleep makes everything OK.

Tea tonight was curry, the recipe for simple chicken curry can be found here. Today I used 4 chicken breasts so we had leftovers for Tony's lunch, I also added a squirt of tomato puree and instead of using greek yoghurt I used a couple of heaped tablespoons of plain quark. I also fried a chopped onion and some courgette from the garden before adding the chicken.

I made vegetable rice to go with it, recipe here.

Also as I had some of the Fitzgerald's seeded wraps left I used half to put on the side as a chapati and with the other half I made a samosa.

Samosas (inspired by BBC's Nadiya's British Food Adventure)

Wraps of your choice, cut in half.

Filling - I fried onion, with cooked peas and cubes of boiled potato with garam masala, garlic granules and seasoning.

Like the pasties I made, you brush all the edges of the half wrap with egg, you need to leave it for a few minutes to get tacky. Join the 2 straight sides to make a pocket, put a little filling in the pocket (too much and you wont seal it), close the rounded open side, crimp round with a fork and put on a baking sheet. brush with egg and bake for 12-15 minutes. I turned mine half way and egg washed the other side. Make sure your baking sheet is non stick though.

You end up with super crunchy, spicy little parcels, all for a healthy extra (or approx 3syns)


Slimming World Summary of the Day

Healthy A - not had one today
Healthy B - Fitzgerald's wrap
Snacks - chicken (free), Nature Valley bar (4 syns), Fibre One (4 syns)
Types of fruit and vegetable: 14
Drinks: Water, pepsi ginger and coffee


Syns: 9 (fried egg 1 syns, snacks 8 syns)



Comments

Popular Posts