Road Trip to Center Parcs Eleveden Forest - Day Five, the holiday draws to a close

Today has been fantastic. It was our last day and I decided to let Lauren sleep in, which meant that we didn't get up until 9:38am which is unheard of, I blame these comfy beds! Yesterday I promised her pancakes, so as soon as we were up she was asking for them. I got her to make them with a bit of instruction, while I made my Slimming World breakfast. we had not scales and no whisk, so she used 2 tbsp plain flour, 1 egg and beat them together with a fork, then gradually added enough milk to make a single cream consistency and this made 4 lovely pancakes.
Two lemon and sugar and two chocolate sauce. 
My syn free Slimming World friendly breakfast of  fry light fried eggs, mushrooms, baked beans and some left over sliced ham. I fear that this will not counterbalance the million syns I've consumed since arriving and there are not enough paths to bike to burn off the related calories, Saturdays weight in is literally weighing heavily on my mind!


After breakfast we went on a bike ride, to the shops to get some milk then to Starbucks for a coffee and Frappacino
and to share a cake. On the way Lauren spotted a stoat, which we followed until it burrowed itself out of sight in a hedge. After our coffee we returned to the apartment to read and have a relax, before heading out for another bike ride. this was how the day panned out, bike ride, relax, bike ride - relax and repeat! 
Mid-afternoon we took a mini picnic to the bird hide. We saw my favourite bird the nuthatch, more jays, a pheasant, magpies, lots of coal, great and blue tits, pigeons and the Muntjac deer again.
We went back to our room to shower and pack and get ready for dinner at Bella Italia.
I had a starter of Calamari and then Lauren had a Lasagne, for sure her favourite food of all time, but unusual as she normally has meatballs at Bella Italia.
The service was painfully slow but it was last night busy so we let them off.
Lauren was terrible company as she watched a video in between the food arriving - LD Shadow Lady stealing her away!

I decided on the Polpette, I love spaghetti. It was actually delicious, the meatballs were meaty and soft textured and the sauce was lovely and herby.
For pudding Lauren had the Cookie Dough al Forno, I don't know why I didn't take photo, maybe because I was trying to eat some of it before she ate it all!! Definitely too much of a pudding for a child.
After we paid the bill Lauren asked if we could go on yet another bike ride, of course, never deny a child exercise if they ask for it! 
We ended up stalking this little deer across 10 gardens and then when we headed back towards the apartments Lauren had to do an emergency stop when she found a mummy deer with it's baby in the path. This meant we had to repeat the whole bike ride again and ended up parking back at the apartment for 9pm. We're now tucked up for an early night for whatever we decide to do tomorrow. Lakenheath Viewing Area or Hamerton Zoo or both? Decisions, decisions.

So the verdict on our holiday
  • Did we enjoy it? Yes we did
  • Best bit? Definitely the bikes and the wildlife, as well as just spending some amazing time together
  • Worst bit ? Eating out and no veg in the shops, not long enough!
  • Will we come again? We would love to but I think we should find something cheaper
  • Will we do some more biking? I hope so, will have to research some non-road bike routes - suggestions gratefully accepted 
 Til our next adventure (tomorrow) it's adios from Center Parcs x


Comments

Popular Posts