A Fairly Standard Day with a Nice Wagamama Surprise

Lunch for tea!
It was horribly dark this morning, Tony shook me awake at 4:48 to tell me my alarm hadn't gone off...grr..."it's not gone off yet" I protested and defiantly screwed my eyes shut for the full 2 minutes left before it did sound off.

I stumbled round in the dark trying to find all the things I'd forgotten to get ready last night, I put on a top that looked too small and had to change it to one which I don't like, so I ended up feeling like I was in the wrong skin all day...urgh!
New coffee mug

I did however, manage to make a fruit salad, a side salad and grab a piece of quiche, a slice of tortilla and a pot of quark to keep me going.

Light levels began to creep up as I neared work and it was soon all back to normal, except I now have a nice big hand painted mug worthy of a 3 teaspoon of coffee cuppa.

Tortilla 2 syns per portion (whole recipe had 60g chorizo in), I cooked the
potatoes until golden in the Actifry and then added 6 beaten eggs with seasoning,
half fry half grill until browned (or not, as you like it)
As is usual on the first day back, I was ravenously hungry by 8 o'clock, so tortilla in hand I wandered down to the restaurant at work to heat it in the microwave and to buy some baked beans and tomatoes to go on the side. problem number one was my giro vend card was 16p in debt and problem number two was that the ATM was bust, so thank goodness for the tortilla, but boo to no free or speed food sides.

Half way between breakfast and dinner I received a pleasing Skype message telling me my team mates were ordering in from Wagamama for lunch and did I want to join in - of course I did! I got online and got my Slimming World app open - Katsu Curry was a definite "no" at 29 syns, while whatever a Ramen Yasai is, it's 56 syns - NO! I remembered Donburi being quite SW friendly - a chicken one was 9 sys but then I found a sirloin and shiitake mushroom salad which was just 4 syns so I went for that instead. The salad was really tasty, there was lots of texture, the beef was really tender. It was very easy to eat with chop sticks. It was described as "sirloin with grilled shiitake mushroom, carrots. mangetout, red onion, baby plum tomatoes and mixed leaves in a pea and herb dressing". Two things I would say, it wasn't an ideal delivery dish as the sealed pot wilted the lettuce and it wasn't really great value, I was starving 15 minutes later, the donburi would have been more syns but would have been more filling with it's rice base, still, it was a lovely surprise and made a great change.

Sirloin and shiitake salad
All this meant that the lunch I packed had to be held back for tea time. I was very pleased to get Lauren home from her sleepover not long after I arrived home. She of course registered my existance with a quick hug and kiss and then settle down to a couple of hours laughing at her favourite You Tuber "LD Shadowlady". I don't pretend to know what the attraction of a stranger waffling on while playing computer games is, but she's a kid and I'a mum and that's our jobs!

Tea was therefore quiche and I think it was a stroke of luck that I had to delay it as it meant I could warm it in the oven, which crisped it up lovely and I much prefer warm savoury to cold. It was really delicious, it tasted very close to a real pastry quiche. It's a shame it uses both a Healthy A and B choice, but once in a while it's totally worth it. You can get the recipe here.


Slimming World Summary of the Day

Healthy A - cheese portion in the quiche
Healthy B - weight watchers wrap in the quiche
Snacks - cold meat (free), Nature Valley bar (4 syns), Fibre One (4 syns)
Types of vegetable: 12
Drinks: Water and too many coffees
Syns: 15 (sweet chilli 1 syns, tortilla 2 syns, salad 4 syns, snacks 8 syns)





Comments

Popular Posts